How do we make our 3D Printed Orthoses at Korthotics?
Watch the full video to see our process of a 3D printed foot orthotics made in our Sydney facility.
Our 3D printed orthoses consists of the following steps:
1. We take a scan of the patient's foot
2. The scan file is transferred to the computer to be CAD Designed
3. Once the CAD design has been completed, it's ready to be printed by the 3D printer
4. The 3D printer has a powerful laser that heats the powder to create the foot orthotics
5. It's time to take out of the printer
6. The foot orthotics are taken out from the cake and they're cleaned up
7. It goes into a machine that blows away any remaining powder
8. Finally the foot orthotics are fitted to the patient
What we use:
3D Printer: 3D Systems ProX SLS 6100
3D Scanner: Peel 1
For more information, visit our website: www.korthotics.com.au